This Code of Conduct outlines the policies, programs, and expectations that ensure La Crosse Community creates an inclusive, safe, and diverse environment. Our values revolve around community, creativity, personal growth, and tradition. Anyone who seeks a creative environment, anyone who accepts challenges as an opportunity to try something new, anyone working to expand their skills and their way of thinking, and anyone who embraces our history of excellence is welcome to join us at LCT. Our success is a direct result of your commitment to the theatre and the community we create together.
La Crosse Community Theatre believes that each employee, contractor, board member, and volunteer makes up our LCT community. You contribute directly to our growth and success, and we hope you will take pride in upholding the commitments of our theatre.
La Crosse Community Theatre is Committed to Inclusion
- We foster, cultivate, and preserve a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- We do not tolerate discrimination against any person because of their race, religion, gender identity, age, sexual preference, disability, appearance, or any other basis protected by state, federal or otherwise applicable law.
- We cultivate an inclusive environment within the theatre and online to ensure people of all abilities have access to our programs.
- We do not tolerate sexual harassment in any shape or form.
La Crosse Community Theatre is Committed to our Team
- We follow all wage and hour rules and regulations set forth by the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.
- We comply with all applicable health, security, safety, and environmental laws and regulations, company standards, and best practices.
- We do not tolerate substance abuse.
- We do not tolerate any type or threat of violence.
- We use all technologies and collect data responsibly.
- We avoid conflicts of interest to protect LCT and its patrons and expect anyone in the LCT community to do the same.
- We value confidentiality and respect the privacy of our patrons, staff, volunteers, and students.
- We work responsively and honestly with government and community officials and representatives.
La Crosse Community Theatre is Committed to our Organization
- We take care of our facility and equipment.
- We use visual, verbal, and experiential messaging to uphold our brand.
- We encourage positive, respectful and truthful social media content and do not tolerate any form of social media harassment.
La Crosse Community Theatre is Committed to our Community
- We treat our patrons and supporters with dignity and respect.
- We do not condone dishonest business practices.
- We strive to protect our environment and operate in a sustainable manner.
If you witness or experience a violation of this Code of Conduct, you should report the alleged act immediately to your direct supervisor. If for any reason you do not feel comfortable reporting the incident to your supervisor, or if the supervisor was involved in the violation, you should contact LCT’s HR Representatives. The current representatives are Stephen Conrad and Pat Heim. You may email the HR Representatives at [email protected]. If you wish to remain anonymous, you may file a complaint using the online complaint form.
After reviewing the complaint, the HR Representatives will determine the appropriate level of corrective response and partner only with those who have a legitimate business need to know. The HR Representatives will determine the appropriate level of corrective response, which may include, but is not limited to, education, an apology, documentation of formal or informal coaching, removal of the alleged perpetrator from involvement at LCT, termination of employment, referral to local authorities, or other corrective action. The complainant and the subject of the investigation will be informed, where appropriate, of the findings of the investigation.
To access our full Code of Conduct, please click here.